Home Schools Mathematics People
School of Mathematics
Nonlinear partial differential equations
I am interested in geometric PDEs, especially those which originate from physics. I enjoy thinking about these PDEs since their understanding requires combining ideas from a diverse range of fields, such as harmonic analysis, differential geometry and physics. Specific equations that I have considered so far include the Yang-Mills equations, Einstein equations, various Chern-Simons theories, wave maps, incompressible Euler equations and incompressible extended MHD equations.
- 2013.08 - 2016.06: Miller Research Fellow, UC Berkeley, USA
- 2016.06 - 2019.08: CMC Research Professor, Korea Institute for Advanced Study, Korea
- 2019.09 - present: Assistant Professor, UC Berkeley, USA
- 2019.11 - present: Adjunct Professor, Korea Institute for Advanced Study, Korea
- 2016, Young Scientist Award, The Korean Academy of Science and Technology
- / /
- School of Mathematics, Korea Institute for Advanced Study
- 85 Hoegiro Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul 02455, Republic of Korea.