Home People Faculty All Faculty
School of Mathematics
Algebraic Geometry, Derived Categories
David Favero is an algebraic geometer who studies mirror symmetry and derived categories. Together with his collaborators, Favero has developed fundamental relationships between derived categories, birational geometry, mirror symmetry, and enumerative invariants. His work focuses on comparing, decomposing, analyzing invariants of, and developing derived categories and their generalizations.
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania, 2009
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Vienna, 2009-2013
- Assistant Professor, University of Alberta, 2013-2019
- Associate Professor, University of Alberta, 2019-present
- Canada Research Chair Tier 2, 2014
- / /
- School of Mathematics, Korea Institute for Advanced Study
- 85 Hoegiro Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul 02455, Republic of Korea.