Professor Yong Baek Kim
(School of Physics)
Professor Yong Baek Kim has been elected as a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada.
Professor Sangkook Choi
(School of Computational Sciences)
Sangkook Choi is a condensed matter theorist. He is interested in emergent phenomena in quantum materials and their application to quantum information science. To this end, he develops and applies cutting-edge ab initio methodologies based on many body perturbation theory, dynamical mean field theory, and machine-learning algorithms.
Professor Sang-hyun Kim
(School of Mathematics)
Sang-hyun Kim's research is focusing on algebraic structures of diffeomorphism groups.
The main object of his study is the diffeomorphism group of a smooth manifold.
For a smooth manifold M and for a real number p≥1, we let Diff(M;p) be the group of Cp diffeomorphisms of M. He studys algebraic properties of these groups, in a geometric group theoretic viewpoint.
Professor Donghui Jeong
(School of Physics)
Donghui studies the origin and evolution of the Universe as well as the fundamental physics governing them by observing the large-scale structure. He established the galaxy bias model connecting matter distribution and galaxy distribution and invented the method of constraining dark-matter particle mass from the black hole’s mass function in the sub-solar mass range. Currently, he is preparing the AI to map the dark-matter distribution from the peculiar velocity field that will come from the A-SPEC galaxy survey.
- Phys1423 KDESci Group Meeting Pravabati, Chingangbam Oct 04 (Tue), 2022
- Phys8101 Exploding operators for Majorana neutrino masses Gargalionis, John Oct 04 (Tue), 2022
- AI7323 Towards a mathematical understanding of Scientific Machine Learning: Theory, Algorithms, and Applications Yeonjong Shin Oct 05 (Wed), 2022
- Phys The KIAS Physics Colloquia Series 2022 Jan 26 (Wed), 2022 ~ Dec 30 (Fri), 2022
- QUC 2022 Future Collider Monthly Meeting May 31 (Tue), 2022 ~ Dec 31 (Sat), 2022
- Phys Asia-Europe-Pacific School on High Energy Physics ... Oct 05 (Wed), 2022 ~ Oct 18 (Tue), 2022
- [Math Colloquium] 2022-10-14~ 2022-10-14
- School of Mathematics The fundamental objective of the School is creating new mathematical knowledge and nurturing young mathematicians by exposing rising talents to the full spectrum of mathematical sciences.
- School of Physics With such an aim in view, the School of Physics today conducts research in broad areas of theoretical physics; string & field theory, particle physics, statistical physics, condensed matter physics, and astrophysics & cosmology.
- School of Computational Sciences The School of Computational Sciences, established in 2000, is a product of the Institute's endeavors to embrace such rapid paradigm shift in science.
KIAS News & Publications
- In the Media [22.09.23] President Yoon Suk-yeol met with June Huh, the Korean American mathematician who won this year's prestigious Fields Medal, in New York
- Issue [22.09.06] Professor Yong Baek Kim, School of Physics, has been elected as a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada
- Issue [22.07.05] KIAS Distinguished Professor June Huh was awarded the 2022 Fields Medal
- In the Media [22.08.19] 김의장 "韓수학, 선진국 반열" 허준이 "기초학문 잘돼있는 사회 되길"