- The School of Computational Sciences in the Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS) invites applications for KIAS assistant professor and research fellow positions in the following areas.
- Life Science
- This position is for a Physicist/Chemist/Biologist trained in molecular modeling and computer simulation for 3D structure prediction of proteins including threading and homology modeling. Applications from scientists without direct experience in protein structure prediction are also encouraged. Good background and experience in statistical physics (preferably polymer systems) and skills in solving complex problems are required.
- Theoretical and Computational Materials Science
- This position is for a condensed matter theorist and theoretical materials scientist pursuing quantitative understandings of real solids and primarily utilizing various computational tools.
- Information Science
- This position is for physicists or mathematicians working on quantum cryptography and/or quantum computing.
- Theoretical and Computational Biophysics
- The primary goal of this field is to understand biological phenomena at the molecular level by using molecular simulations and theoretical tools based on theoretical chemistry and soft condensed matter physics. The position is for theoretical chemists or biological physicists working on molecular biophysics, statistical biophysics, and computational biology.
- Combinatorics and Theoretical Computer Science
- This position is for a Mathematicians/Computer Scientist/Physicist trained in combinatorics, graph theory, algorithm and/or theoretical computer science.
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline (June 30, 2020) and final candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted individually in a month after the deadline.
- Applications must include a standard cover sheet, a cover letter, a curriculum vitae including a list of publications, a research plan, and three letters of recommendation. All documents, prepared in English, should be emailed to :
- Ms. Deure Park
Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS)
85 Hoegiro (Cheongnyangni-dong 207-43), Dongdaemun-gu,
Seoul 02455, Republic of Korea
※ Further information on our latest call for applications is available from the link below (Deadline: June 30, 2020).
2020-04 Recruitment Announcement for Research Fellow Positions at KIAS
※ All KIAS employees are eligible for the retirement saving plan by Scientists & Engineers Mutual Aid Association (SEMA).
※ KIAS offers1 to 2 alternative military service positions for Korean scientists each year. For details, please contact the School staff.