- For the positions of tenure faculty and KIAS Scholar, the Institute accepts applications from exceptional candidates working in foundational areas of theoretical basic sciences all year around. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. For more information, please contact the Chair of the School of Computational Sciences.
- The School of Computational Sciences in the Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS) invites applications for KIAS assistant professor and research fellow positions in the following areas.
- Life Science
- This position is for a Physicist/Chemist/Biologist trained in molecular modeling and computer simulation for 3D structure prediction of proteins including threading and homology modeling. Applications from scientists without direct experience in protein structure prediction are also encouraged. Good background and experience in statistical physics (preferably polymer systems) and skills in solving complex problems are required.
- Theoretical and Computational Materials Science
- This position is for a condensed matter theorist and theoretical materials scientist pursuing quantitative understandings of real solids and primarily utilizing various computational tools.
- Information Science
- This position is for physicists or mathematicians working on quantum cryptography and/or quantum computing.
- Theoretical and Computational Biophysics
- The primary goal of this field is to understand biological phenomena at the molecular level by using molecular simulations and theoretical tools based on theoretical chemistry and soft condensed matter physics. The position is for theoretical chemists or biological physicists working on molecular biophysics, statistical biophysics, and computational biology.
- Combinatorics and Theoretical Computer Science
- This position is for a Mathematicians/Computer Scientist/Physicist trained in combinatorics, graph theory, algorithm and/or theoretical computer science.
- Applicants are expected to have demonstrated exceptional research potential, including major contributions beyond or through the doctoral dissertation. The annual salary starts from 50,000,000 Korean Won (approximately US$47,000 at current exchange rate) for research fellows, and 57,000,000 Korean Won for KIAS Assistant Professors, respectively. In addition, individual research funds of 10,000,000 ~ 13,000,000 Korean Won are available per year. The initial appointment for the position is for two years and is renewable for up to two additional years, depending on research performance and the needs of the research program at KIAS.
- Application must include a curriculum vita with a cover letter, a list of publications, a summary of research plan, and three letters of recommendation, and should be mailed to:
- Ms. Deure Park
- Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS)
- 85 Hoegiro (Cheongnyangni-dong 207-43), Dongdaemun-gu,
- Seoul 130-722, Republic of Korea
※ All KIAS employees are eligible for the retirement saving plan by Scientists & Engineers Mutual Aid Association (SEMA).
※ KIAS offers1 to 3 alternative military service
positions for Korean scientists each year. For details, please contact the School staff.
updated on 2018-01-17