- For the positions of tenure faculty and KIAS Scholar, the Institute accepts applications from exceptional candidates working in foundational areas of theoretical basic sciences all year around. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. For more information, please contact the Chair of the School of Physics.
- The School of Physics at Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS) invites applicants for the positions at the level of KIAS assistant professor and postdoctoral research fellow in theoretical physics.
- Applicants are expected to have demonstrated exceptional research potential, including major contributions beyond or through the doctoral dissertation. The annual salary approximately starts from 42,000,000 Korean Won (approximately US$40,000 at current exchange rate) for Research Fellow and 50,000,000 Korean Won (approximately US$47,600 at current exchange rate) for KIAS Assistant Professor, respectively. In addition, research funds of 13,000,000 Korean Won (approximately US$12,200 at current exchange rate) for research fellow and 15,000,000 Korean Won (approximately US$14,000 at current exchange rate) for KIAS Assistant Professor will be provided per year. The initial appointment for the position is for two years and is renewable for up to two additional years, depending on research performance and the needs of the research program at KIAS.
- Applications are normally reviewed twice a year and the respective deadlines are June 1 and December 1. In addition, we may fill unexpected vacancies with exceptional candidates throughout the year. Applications must include a complete vitae with a cover letter, a list of publications, a research plan, and three letters of recommendation, should be mailed to:
- Ms. Sunmi Wee
- Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS)
- 85 Hoegiro (Cheongnyangni-dong 207-43), Dongdaemun-gu,
- Seoul 130-722, Republic of Korea
- Those interested are encouraged to contact individual faculty members.
Visit our website to learn about our faculty members and their research interests.
- You can submit your application materials at AcademicJobsOnline.
※ All KIAS employees are eligible for the retirement saving plan by Scientists & Engineers Mutual Aid Association (SEMA).