- For the positions of tenure faculty and KIAS Scholar, the Institute accepts applications from exceptional candidates working in foundational areas of theoretical basic sciences all year around. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. For more information, please contact the Chair of the School of Physics.
- The School of Physics at Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS) invites applicants for the positions at the level of KIAS assistant professor and postdoctoral research fellow in theoretical physics. Applicants are expected to have demonstrated exceptional research potential, including major contributions beyond or through the doctoral dissertation.
- The annual salary starts from 49,500,000 Korean Won (approximately US$40,000 at current exchange rate) for research fellows, and 56,500,000 Korean Won for KIAS Assistant Professors, respectively. In addition, individual research funds of 10,000,000 ~ 13,000,000 Korean Won are available per year. The initial appointment for the position is for two years and is renewable once for up to two additional years, depending on research performance and the needs of the research program at KIAS.
- Applications are normally reviewed twice a year and the respective deadlines are June 1st and December 1st. In addition, unexpected vacancies may be filled with exceptional candidates throughout the year. Applications must include a curriculum vitae with a cover letter, a list of publications, a research plan, and three letters of recommendation.
Your application materials may be sent to email@example.com
or submitted via Academic Jobs Online
KIAS also accepts application via conventional mail to
- Ms. Sunmi Wee
Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS)
85 Hoegiro (Cheongnyangni-dong 207-43), Dongdaemun-gu,
Seoul 130-722, Republic of Korea
- Those interested are encouraged to contact individual faculty members.
- ※ All KIAS employees are eligible for the retirement saving plan by Scientists & Engineers Mutual Aid Association (SEMA).
※ KIAS offers1 to 3 alternative military service positions for Korean scientists each year. For details, please contact the School staff.
updated on 2017-06-13