- The Institute welcomes applications for positions from outstanding candidates working on theoretical sciences. All qualified candidates around the globe with exceptional research accomplishments are invited to contact us. Applications are accepted year round until all positions are filled.
- For the positions of faculty member, the Institute accepts applications from exceptional candidates working in foundational areas of basic sciences all year around. For more information, please contact the Chair of individual School.
- The Institute launched the “KIAS Scholar Program” in 2006 in order to developing a scientific network of global leaders. Through the program, the Institute invites overseas scientists of the highest international caliber as KIAS research members with an associated residence commitment at the Institute. All qualified candidates are invited to contact the School Chair. Applications are accepted year round until all positions are filled.
- Applicants are expected to have demonstrated exceptional research potential, including major contributions beyond or through their doctoral dissertation. The initial appointment for the position is for two years and is renewable for up to two to three additional years, depending on research performance and the needs of the research program at KIAS. Those who are interested are encouraged to send a complete curriculum vitae with a cover letter, a list of publications, a research plan, and three letters of recommendation. Research fellow applicants with greater achievements and potential may be considered for the position of KIAS Assistant professor, which offers a higher scale of remuneration.
* All KIAS employees are eligible for the retirement savings plan by Scientists & Engineers Mutual Aid Association (SEMA).
- Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS)
- 85 Hoegiro, Dongdaemun-gu
- Seoul 130-722, Republic of Korea
- Phone: +82 2 958 3711 Fax: +82 2 958 3770